Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Computer Stand Pt. 4

THE FINISH.

Ok we are getting close. After the glue was dry I sanded the entire stand, I started with 80 grit on the random orbit sander then progressed through the grits.. 120, 180 and 220. Then using 320 grit I switched over to hand sanding for the rest of the project, I sanded it smooth and rounded all the edges making sure nothing was sharp... It amazes me how sharp wood edges can be... but after all the sanding it felt smooth. Something about Oak that makes you just want to touch it. Then I decided to use Watco Danish Oil finish... I applied the first coat using the Dark Walnut color. 























It really gave it a great warm brown color that I think looks great. Here is a close up shot.





















Just looking at the color I think I will be applying one more coat of the Dark Walnut color and then switch to a colorless version for the 3rd and possibly 4th coat depending on how much I think it needs. Now I just have to wait around 24 hours for the first coat to dry and then 24 hours after each coat... and hopefully I will be done by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment